Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Celebrities' Impact on Everyday People

Just a few years ago, being able to talk to a celebrity was nearly impossible unless of course, you hunted him down at every filming location and award ceremony or you saw him across the street. But nowadays, even the most shy person can hold a conversation with their favorite actors with a click of a button.

I for one was that person, so I do feel that social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter can be a good form of communication. I talk to a few famous Broadway actors and actresses that recognize me when I visit them. Since I did not have to speak to them face to face, it made it much easier to talk to these people without becoming speechless or overwhelmed. Even if they do not respond to my tweets or my wall posts all the time, I know that I am probably 1 out of hundreds who is trying to express my gratitude and appreciation. Just a “like” on a post I wrote or a “Happy Birthday” on my wall can make me feel somewhat important.

It is also nice to know that most of these celebrities are normal and face similar problems. Being able to read their status and tweets makes them more relatable and seem more down to earth. For example, the famous Idina Menzel from Wicked and Glee recently tweeted that her 2-year old son likes to dance around to the songs on the radio. I would assume that most mothers with 2-year olds would agree with this statement or has seen their child do this. I just think that being able to see a little into a star’s life makes them more like a normal human being and not superficial.

No comments: